Kickass Sirloin Steak Sandwiches
- serves 0
1 large loaf of Italian bread
1 Tbsp fresh garlic minced
½ cup butter softened
2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsleyGreen peppers and onion toppin
1 red bell pepper cut in thin ¼ inch strips lengthwise
1 yellow bell pepper cut in ¼ inch strips lengthwise
1 1 small onion sliced thin
1 Tbsp garlic oilSteak
1 1 – 2 inches thick whole Sirloin steak with good marbling
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp cracked black pepper
2 tsp mixed Italian dried herbs
2 cup mixed spring lettuce
1. Slice the baguette lengthwise.
2. In a medium bowl; mix together the garlic, butter, parsley, salt and pepper. Spread mixture all over the bread.
3. Wrap bread in foil and heat for 4 minutes in the barbeque warming rack when you are ready to grill the steak.Green peppers and onion toppin
1. For the peppers and onions: Preheat barbeque to High (475°F-500°F) (246°C-260°C).
2. Preheat a grill basket for 10 minutes.
3. Place the peppers and onions in a bowl. Drizzle with garlic oil, salt and pepper.
4. Place the vegetables directly into the basket. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes or until nice golden char marks are achieved. Stir occasionally during cooking.
5. Remove from grill.Steak
1. Preheat barbeque for high heat (475°F-500F) (246C-260°C). Oil grill to prevent sticking.
2. Rub steak all over with olive oil, pepper, herbs and salt.
3. Place steak on grill and cook until nice char marks are achieved about 5-6 minutes.
4. Give the steak a quarter turn and continue cooking for about 4 minutes or until full diamond char marks are achieved.
5. Flip repeat process.
6. Remove from grill, cover with foil and allow the meat to rest 10-12 minutes.
7. Slice steak into thin slices across the grain and pile on bread, add the peppers and lettuce. Close baguette and cut the loaf into 2 inch pieces.