Kid Friendly Pasta Salad
- prep time15 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 8
More than just packing kid-friendly taste, get your kids to help you make dinner and teach them some kitchen skills. Note: This is also a tasty meal for adults too!
12 oz fun-shaped pasta, such as radiator or bowtie
8 slices thin bacon
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup whole milk
4 Tbsp white vinegar
½ tsp salt
1 dash sugar, optional
10 oz grape tomatoes (yellow and red), halved lengthwise
½ lb(s) Cheddar, cut into small cubes
3 green onions, thinly sliced
Ground black pepper
24 whole basil leaves, chiffonade
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Then drain and rinse in cold water until cool. Set aside.
2. Cut the bacon into 1/2-inch pieces and throw into a large skillet. Sauté until slightly crisp, and then remove to a paper-towel-lined-plate.
3. For the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, salt, and sugar if using in a small bowl.
4. Stir together the pasta, dressing, tomatoes, bacon, Cheddar and green onions in a large mixing bowl. Taste for seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if needed.
5. Stir in the basil at the end.