Kung Pao Chicken Pizza
- serves 2
A great pizza for those with adventurous taste! Chicken, pineapple, bell peppers, onions, mozzarella and Kung Pao sauce make this dish a must-try.
Courtesy of Diana Coutu of Diana's Gourmet Pizza
1 ¼ cup water (room temperature)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp sugar
8 g yeast (which is 1 package of instant active dry yeast)
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 cup flourKung Pao Chicken Pizza
4 Tbsp Kung Pao sauce (several versions exist; this recipe calls for a sweeter sauce)
½ cup 100% white chicken breast, fully cooked and diced
1 13 oz Basic Dough patty (see recipe)
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 clove fresh garlic, minced
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp basil
1 tsp sea salt
½ cup low-fat Mozzarella cheese, grated
6 Tbsp fresh pineapple, sliced into bite-sized pieces
1 green pepper, sliced in 1/4-inch rings
1 red pepper, sliced in 1/4-inch rings
1 green onion, diced
½ red onion, sliced in 1/4-inch rings
1. Dissolve sugar and salt in water (use whisk or a fork).
2. Add yeast and whisk until dissolved.
3. In a large stainless steel bowl, add flour and mix by hand until fully incorporated and sides of bowl are clean.
4. Add olive oil and mix/knead until fully incorporated. Dough should be fully formed.
5. Divide dough into 2x 13-ounce balls for medium dough patties (12-inch pizza).
6. For slow rise/proof: Cover and put in your fridge for approximately 24-36 hours to proof (rise).
7. For quick rise/proof: Cover and leave on your counter for 2 hours until dough balls have doubled in size.Kung Pao Chicken Pizza
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine Kung Pao sauce and diced chicken. Allow the chicken to soak up the Kung Pao sauce.
3. Hand slap out dough patty on to 12-inch size pizza pan.
4. Brush center of pizza (where you would normally spread red sauce) with olive oil.
5. Spread out minced garlic over olive oil.
6. Combine dried oregano and basil in a shaker for easy application. Sprinkle oregano, basil, sea salt and pepper on crust.
7. Smother with mozzarella.
8. Spread out each topping evenly to the edge of the cheese; Kung Pao chicken, pineapple bits, sliced red & green peppers, and sliced red & diced green onions.
9. Bake in an oven for approximately 7-9 minutes or until the crust and cheese are golden brown.
10. Remove pizza from oven upon completion of cooking and slice into 8 pieces. Serve immediately.