Lamb Loin with Pomegranate Molasses Glaze
- prep time17 min
- total time 24 min
- serves 4
1 Tbsp whole black pepper
1 Tbsp allspice
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup pomegrante molasses
2 lamb loins, trimmed and cleanedQuinoa Pilaf
1 cup quiona
2 Tbsp olive oil
5 green onions, chopped, seperate white and green parts
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 medium zucchini, diced
tsp lemon juice
1 zest zest of 1 lemon
salt and pepper, to tastePomegrante Salad
2 large pomegrantes, seeded
½ cup crumbled feta
½ cup hulled green pumpkin seeds, toasted
2 Tbsp coarsely chopped fresh mint
1. Preheat grill. Season lamb with salt and grill on BBQ for 3-4 minutes. Flip meat and grill an additional 3-4 minutes, basting with additional leftover glaze. Remove meat from heat and let rest 3-5 minutes.
2. In a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder, grind black pepper, allspice and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine pomegranate molasses and spice mixture. Spread glaze over lamb and marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Slice lamb against the grainQuinoa Pilaf
1. In a medium pot, bring 2 L of salted water to a boil. Add quinoa and cook for 12 minutes, or until tender. Drain in colander and rinse with cold water.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add the whites of the green onion and garlic. Sauté 1 minute, or until soft and translucent.
4. Add zucchini and cook 3-4 minutes or until tender.
5. Add cooked quinoa, the greens of the green onion, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Can be served warm or at room temperature.Pomegrante Salad
1. In a small bowl, combine pomegranate seeds, crumbled feta, and pumpkin seeds. Toss to combine.
2. Before serving, sprinkle with fresh mint