Last Minute Pizza Dough
- prep time15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 0
Courtesy of Sue Riedl. See the full article here.
Fills one cookie sheet or one 14"-16" pizza tray
2 ½ cup all-purpose flour
1 packet quick-rise yeast
¾ tsp salt
1 cup warm water
2 Tbsp olive oil
1. In a medium bowl combine the flour and the yeast. Mix. Add the salt and mix well.
2. Add the water and olive oil and combine with a spatula until the dough starts forming. (Add a few drops water if some of the flour is not being incorporated).
3. Put the dough on a floured surface and knead 3-4 minutes until you have a soft and smooth ball. Allow to rest 10 minutes (cover with tea towel or saran wrap).
4. Preheat oven to 450°F.
5. Lightly oil your tray and using your hands spread the dough to fit the tray.
6. Top and insert into oven—on the lower rack.
7. Bake 10-15 minutes until crust is golden brown. Cool slightly before slicing.