Lemon Chevre Brownie
- prep time20 min
- total time 65 min
Paula uses melted chocolate (not cocoa powder) for a rich and fudgier brownie.
⅔ cup cream cheese
⅔ cup fresh mild goat cheese
⅓ cup white sugar
2 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 box of your favourite brownie mix
1. Take cream cheese out of fridge and soften to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
3. Make brownie batter by following directions on box.
4. In a mixer on low speed, cream the cream cheese, goats cheese and sugar until smooth and lump free. Be sure to not whip too much air into the mixture.
5. Add in egg, lemon zest and lemon juice until creamy.
6. Put mixture in fridge until ready to use.
7. Fill a 9x13 inch pan with half of the brownie mix.
8. Layer the top with the lemon chevre mixture (be sure the filling is soft enough to spread easily). Top with the rest of the brownie mixture.
9. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
10. After 30 minutes grab the edges of the pan and tap the bottom on the oven rack 5 times to let the air out of the mixture.
11. Continue baking at 350°F for 10 to 15 more minutes. Bake until brownie is just set and no longer jiggly.
12. Remove from oven and cool before slicing into squares.
Courtesy of Paula Lamming, Purebread Bakery Inc.