1 ½ lb(s) chicken wings
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp sesame oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp ginger, minced
1 ½ cup coconut milk
3 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp soy sauce (or tamari to stay gluten-free)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 lime, half zested and juiced, other half cut into wedges for garnish
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp warm water
1. Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
2. Drizzle the chicken with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Toss to coat.
3. Roast in the oven on a baking sheet until golden and crispy, about 20-22 minutes.
4. Heat sesame oil in a medium pot on medium-high heat.
5. Add the minced garlic and ginger and cook until garlic is fragrant, 2 minutes or so.
6. Place the next 6 ingredients into the pot, reduce to medium heat and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Whisk together the cornstarch and warm water and add to the pot to help the sauce thicken slightly. Keep the sauce warm on the stove until wings are finished roasting.
8. Once cooled slightly, transfer wings to a medium bowl and pour the coconut chili sauce over them. Toss until well-coated. Serve immediately!