- serves 8
1 cup water (250 ml)
6 Tbsp sugar (90 ml)
1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, strained (250 ml)
½ cup limoncello (125 ml)
1. In a small saucepan combine the water and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. When the sugar has completely dissolved, remove the pot from the heat and let the syrup cool – this preparation is called a simple syrup and is a foundation ingredient in the preparation of sorbet.
3. In a bowl, combine the simple syrup and the lemon juice, whisk to combine and refrigerate until chilled.
4. Pour the sorbet base in an ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturers directions.
5. Remove the lemon sorbet and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
6. Divide the lemon sorbet between 8 chilled glasses, drizzle with the limoncello and serve.