Little Mushrooms with Leeks and Goat Cheese
- serves 15
1 ½ lb(s) (750g) white or cremini mushrooms, stems removed and wiped clean
4 ½ oz (140 g) chèvre
¾ tsp (4 mL) salt, approx
½ tsp (2 mL) pepper
1 large leek, white part only
1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
2 Tbsp (30 mL) white wine or water
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (190 Celsius).
2. Toss mushrooms with ¼ teaspoon (1 mL) each salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix together goat cheese with remaining salt and pepper.
3. Fill centre of each mushroom cap with about 1 tsp (5 mL) of cheese mixture. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. (Can be made up to 1 day ahead, wrap and refrigerate.)
4. Cut leeks into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces, and slice each piece into thin, long strips. Melt butter in sauté pan over medium heat. Add leeks and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant and translucent, but not browned. Add wine and cook until wine has mostly evaporated, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
5. Bake mushrooms until cheese is bubbly and mushrooms are browned, about 15 minutes.
6. Top with leek mixture and return to oven to heat, about 1 minute.
7. Serve warm.