Low Carb Lettuce Burgers
- prep time20 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 4
Get the satisfaction of a delicious burger without the usual carbs that come with it. Veggies top a beef patty drizzled with a tasty sauce and served between two "buns" of lettuce.
¼ cup Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp adobo sauce (from canned chipotles in adobo)
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 dashes Worcestershire sauceBurgers
2 pounds ground chuck
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
5 dashes Worcestershire sauceToppings
1 head iceberg, green leaf or butter lettuce
2 avocados, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
¼ red onion, thinly sliced into rings
12 small sweet pickles, chopped
2. Mix together the yogurt, adobo sauce, mustard and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.Burgers
1. In a bowl, combine the ground chuck, salt, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Form four patties and set aside.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties until done in the middle, 4 to 6 minutes per side.Toppings
1. For the toppings: Cut the base of each lettuce leaf on the head and carefully peel it away so that it stays as intact as possible.
2. Top the patties with avocado slices, tomato slices, red onion rings and chopped pickles, then drizzle with the sauce to taste. Use two or three lettuce leaves per patty and wrap them around the patty as tightly as you can. Slice in half and serve immediately!