Magic Holiday Brioches
- prep time60 min
- total time 105 min
- serves 12-15
These delicious buns can be topped with bacon bits, fresh parsley, Canadian Brick cheese and alfredo sauce.
Brought to you by Dairy Famers of Canada
1 ¼ cup (310 mL) milk
3 Tbsp (45 mL) sugar
1 packet (2 teaspoons/10 mL) fast-acting yeast
2 Tbsp (30 mL) sour cream
¼ cup (60 mL) melted butter
1 Tbsp (15 mL) salt
3 cup (750 mL) unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flourToppings
1 cup (250 mL) alfredo sauce
⅓ cup (80 mL) bacon bits
3 Tbsp (45 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
2 cup (500 mL) Canadian Brick cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a saucepan, heat ¾ cup (180 mL) milk along with sugar on low heat until it dissolves. Remove from heat, add yeast and set aside while the yeast activates.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs along with sour cream and remaining ½ cup (125 mL) milk. Add contents of saucepan, melted butter and salt while stirring with a whisk.
4. Add both flours while stirring with a wooden spoon. Finish by adding flours by hand until dough no longer sticks to fingers. Knead dough for a few minutes on a floured surface.
5. Set dough ball in a large buttered bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest away from drafts until dough has doubled in size, about 45 minutes.Toppings
1. On a floured surface, use a rolling pin to spread the dough out to a thickness of ½? (1 cm). Brush with alfredo sauce, and top with bacon, parsley and Brick cheese.
2. Roll dough onto itself over the filling. Cut roll into 12 to 15 slices and lay flat in a buttered, oven-safe rectangular dish. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden. Serve hot or cold.