Make Your Own Sub Sandwiches
- serves 4
You can customize your very own sub, making this dish a star for picky eaters.
6 4-6 sub buns
1 bag washed Romaine lettuce (8 oz / 225 g)
1 English cucumber
Mustard (Dijon or prepared)
Sub Sauce (can be purchased at the grocery store in a squirt bottle)
Swiss cheese (optional)
Cheddar cheese, light (optional)
Left over meatballs from Monday
1. Pre-heat oven to low broil for subs that are served hot with melted cheese
2. Slice buns and set out.
3. Slice and set out favourite veggie toppers; tomatoes, onion, lettuce, cucumber.
4. Decide on your favourite condiments and lay them out.
5. Set out sliced deli meat and cheese.
6. Heat meatballs in microwave and set out.
7. Each person individually assembles their own customized sub. The little ones will get a little help from mom and dad.