Mango Rice Pudding
- serves 0
2 ½ Tbsp butter
1 stick cinnamon
3 Tbsp sugar
1 ripe mango, diced
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 cup jasmine rice
1 cup whole milk
1 ½ cup evaporated milk
2 cup water
zest of 1 lime, finely chopped
1. Heat a medium sized pot over medium heat.
2. Place butter, cinnamon stick and 1 tablespoon of sugar in pot, melt butter.
3. Add diced mango and stir until mango caramelizes slightly.
4. Remove mango mixture, except for cinnamon stick, from pan and set aside in a bowl.
5. Add vegetable oil in pan.
6. Add jasmine rice and stir to coat.
7. Add whole milk, evaporated milk, water, lime zest and remaining sugar, stir.
8. Once rice is cooked, approximately 20 minutes, season with nutmeg, stir and remove from heat.
9. Place ½ of mango mixture back in pan and mix.
10. To serve, place Mango Rice Pudding in a bowl and garnish with reserved mango mixture.