Mini Coconut Cupcakes
- serves 36
2 cup cake flour (500 mL)
1 tsp baking powder (5 mL)
½ tsp salt (2 mL)
1 cup unsalted butter, softened (250 mL)
1 ½ cup granulated sugar (375 mL)
4 large eggs
¼ cup milk (50 mL)
½ cup shredded coconut (125 mL)
1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)Icing
5 oz cream cheese, softened (150 g)
½ cup unsalted butter, softened (125 mL)
2 cup icing sugar (500 mL)
½ tsp fresh lemon juice (2 mL)
½ vanilla bean, split length-wise, seeds removedGarnish
1 cup coconut, lightly toasted (250 mL)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, and with mixer on low speed beat in milk and vanilla alternately with flour, in three additions, beginning and ending with flour, just until combined.
5. Fold in shredded coconut. Do not over mix.
6. Divide batter among greased mini muffin tins and bake in middle of oven until a tester comes out clean, about 15-17 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan on a rack 5 minutes and remove from pan.Icing
1. Beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
2. Add icing sugar and beat on low speed until incorporated. Add lemon juice and beat until smooth. Add vanilla bean seeds to the bowl.
3. Ice cupcakes with frosting and dip each one in toasted coconut.Garnish