Mini Doughnut Muffins
- prep time25 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 48
This recipe produces 48 mini doughnut muffins, baked until golden and rolled in a cinnamon sugar topping.
4 Tbsp butter, softened, plus more for buttering the muffin tin
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup milkCinnamon Sugar Topping
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 stick (8 Tbsp) butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease two 24-cup mini muffin tins with butter.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside. In a different bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Add the eggs and mix again. Add the flour mixture and milk alternately to the creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
3. Fill the prepared mini muffin pans two-thirds full. Bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes.Cinnamon Sugar Topping
1. Mix the sugar, cinnamon and cocoa in a shallow bowl.
2. Roll the muffins in the melted butter, coating them completely, then roll them in the cinnamon sugar. Transfer to a cooling rack.
Special equipment: two 24-cup mini muffin tins