Mini Honey Cakes
- serves 6
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
¼ cup sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature
¾ cup pasteurized honey
¼ cup strong coffee, at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
2 ½ cup pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup raisinsGlaze
1 ½ cup icing sugar, sifted
2 Tbsp bourbon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease and sugar 6 mini-bundt pans.
2. Beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in honey, coffee and vanilla until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture in 2 additions, stirring gently to incorporate. Stir in raisins and spoon batter into prepared pans.
4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool for 20 minutes, then turn them out to cool completely.Glaze
1. For glaze, stir icing sugar and bourbon together and drizzle over cakes. Let set for 30 minutes and glaze will firm up.