Mixed Grill on the BBQ
- serves 6
4 - 6 potatoes
fresh ground pepper
butter and seasoning (optional)
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 small zucchini
2 Tbsp prepared basil pesto
1-1/2 lean sirloin beef
1 lb(s) salmon filet, boneless, skinless
no fat sour cream, butter, green onion, bacon bits (optional)
1. Preheat BBQ to med (approx 350º F).
2. Wash potatoes and slice into 3 sections lengthwise. Place each potato on a sprayed piece of foil, shiny side in, spice and wrap. Place in preheated BBQ. Set timer for 25 minutes.
3. Slice peppers, zucchini, onions and mushrooms in large chunks and place in BBQ wok or BBQ Veggie basket as you cut. Dab with pesto.
4. Leave potatoes in. Place the veggies on the BBQ beside the potatoes. Set timer for 15 minutes, turning or tossing at least once. (You will need to check).
5. Remove potatoes and veggies and cover to keep warm or store on top rack of BBQ if you have one.
6. Grill steak to desired doneness. Remove steak from grill and place on a large piece of foil. Baste steak liberally with sauce wrap it up in the foil to rest for 10 minutes. While steak is resting, place salmon on BBQ in a fish cage. Baste fish liberally with sauce half way through cooking time (approx 3 minutes per side).
7. Add your favorite toppings to your baked potato.