- serves 0
4 Moose Testicles/Oysters
10 shaggy mane mushrooms (or other type)
2 French grey shallots, minced
¼ cup honey
¼ cup sherry
4/5 cup stag or moose stock
4/5 cup 35% M.F. cream
25 g butter
1. Boil testicles in water for several minutes. Remove the membrane from around the testicles, cut in half and flour.
2. In a pan, brown the testicles in butter. Remove from pan, set aside and keep warm.
3. In the same pan, cook the mushrooms and then completely soften the shallots.
4. Add honey and deglaze with sherry. Add stag or moose stock and reduce. Pour in cream and reduce again until it mixture becomes creamy.
5. Place the testicles in the sauce. Add chives and pepper.