- prep time15 min
- total time 30 min
Courtesy of Rachel Crampsey.
1 lb(s) 8 oz flour
1 ½ oz sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp instant dry yeast
14 oz milk
4 oz butterPraline Glaze & Assembly
4 oz praline paste
4 cups icing sugar
4 oz hot water
1 oz Nutella or melted chocolate
1. Mix all dry ingredients using a dough hook.
2. Add milk and eggs and mix for 2 minutes on low speed. Add small chunks of butter while mixer is running, one piece at a time.
3. Continue mixing for 10 minutes on medium speed or until dough is fully developed. Let rest for 20 minutes.
4. Roll into 1/2-inch sheet and cut into 2 1/2-inch circles.
5. Proof at 80°F (26ºC) for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Fry at 375°F (190ºC) for 1 minute on each side. Let cool completely before filling.Praline Glaze & Assembly
1. Whisk all ingredients together. Add more water if too thick or more sugar if too thin.
2. Let doughnuts cool completely. Poke hole in centre of doughnut using a skewer. Using a piping bag, fill doughnut with Nutella.
3. Swirl top of doughnut with Nutella or melted chocolate.