Octopus and Olives
- serves 0
Young and old are known to be suckers for this octopus and vegetables dish.
1 tsp salt
1 cup olive oil
2 tsp key lime juice
12 large Moroccan black olives, pitted, plus extra for garnish
2 lb(s) (1 kg) cooked octopus, sliced fine
8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 pinch fennel microgreens
1 pinch celery julienne
1 pinch Italian parsley
coarse sea salt and olive oil, to garnish
1. Combine the egg, salt and key lime juice in the jar of a blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade. Blend for 1 minute at low speed.
2. Add the olive oil in a slow steady stream to form a thick mayonnaise.
3. When all the oil is incorporated, scrape down sides of the jug with a spatula.
4. Transfer the mayonnaise into a bowl, leaving just enough in the bottom of the blender to cover the blades.
5. Add the pitted olives and blend for a few more minutes to form a smooth purée.
6. Add the olive purée to the reserved mayonnaise and mix thoroughly until the mixture is a uniform color and consistency. Press through a fine mesh sieve to remove any pieces of olive skin.
7. In a bowl mix the octopus with the cherry tomatoes, olives, celery, secret spice and olive oil, taste for correct seasoning and place in the middle of a plate surrounded by some black olive mayonnaise.
8. Serve garnished with freshly picked parsley leaves and microgreens.