One Step Cherry Pie
- serves 6-8
This recipe is essentially a French cherry clafouti, a cross between cake and crepe!
2 cup sweet cherries
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup all purpose flour
¼ tsp cinnamon
dash of salt
5 Tbsp sugar
1 cup milk
icing sugar, for dustingTo Assemble
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Pit cherries and set aside.
3. Rub a pie dish or round baking dish with 1 tablespoon unsalted butter.
4. Sift flour with cinnamon and salt into a medium bowl. Add eggs, sugar and milk and whisk together (will be the consistency of crepe batter).
5. Pour into baking dish and sprinkle cherries over.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, until set.To Assemble
1. Dust generously with icing sugar and serve immediately.