Orange Glazed Chicken Wings
- prep time20 min
- total time 60 min
- serves 4
Oven-roasted chicken wings are tossed in a tangy, citrusy glaze.
12 whole chicken wings
1 (6-oz) can frozen orange juice concentrate
3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tsp honey
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1. Place a 6-quart saucepan with a steamer basket and 1 inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
2. Remove the tips of the wings and discard or save for making stock. Using kitchen shears, or a knife, separate the wings at the joint. Place the wings into the steamer basket, cover, reduce the heat to medium and steam for 10 minutes. Remove the wings from the basket and carefully pat dry. Lay the wings out on a cooling rack set in a half sheet pan lined with paper towels and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
4. Replace the paper towels with parchment paper. Roast on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Turn the wings over and cook another 20 minutes or until meat is cooked through and the skin is golden brown.
5. During the last 20 minutes of cooking the chicken, place the orange juice concentrate, hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and red pepper flakes into a small saucepan, stir to combine and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the mixture to about 1/2 cup, approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool at least 5 minutes.
6. Remove the wings from the oven and transfer to a large mixing bowl along with the glaze and toss to coat. Serve warm.