Overnight Oatmeal Jars with Last-Minute Stir-Ins
- serves 4
This unique dish makes 4 1-pint (500 mL) Mason jars.
Courtesy of Bonnie Mo.
4 cups (1 L) quick-cooking or large-flake rolled oats
4 Tbsp (60 mL) maple syrup, brown sugar or honey
1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon or your favourite baking spice
1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
½ tsp (2 mL) salt
4 cups (1 L) any milk (dairy, soy, rice or nut)
2 cups (500 mL) your favourite frozen fruit (berries, tropical or tree)A.M. Topping
2 cups (500 mL) your favourite yogurt (optional)
¼ - ½ cup (60 to 125 mL) maple syrup, brown sugar or honey
1 cup (250 mL) crispy crunchy nuts or seeds
1. Measure the oats, syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and milk evenly into four 1-pint (500 mL) Mason jars.
2. Seal the jars and give the works a good shake.
3. Top with a thick layer of frozen fruit.
4. Chill overnight (or even for 2 nights).A.M. Topping
1. In the morning, top off the smoothly transformed oatmeal with yogurt (if desired), a splash of sweet syrup and your crunch of choice. If dashing out the door with breakfast, don’t forget to grab a spoon!