- serves 4
Italian culinary perfection on a plate! Homemade pasta topped with a gourmet mushroom sauce, grated Parmesan cheese, and drizzled with white truffle oil.
14 oz (400 g) "00" flour
4 eggsFunghi Sauce
¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
1 tsp (5 mL) salt
3 cup (750 mL) mixed mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
¼ tsp (2 mL) chili flakes
2 clove garlic, finely chopped
⅓ cup (75 mL) white wine
2 Tbsp (30 mL) flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 cup (250 mL) Parmesan cheese, grated
1 Tbsp (15 mL) white truffle oil
1. Place flour in food processor.
2. Beat eggs in a bowl, add to flour with processor running. Pulse until a stiff dough forms.
3. Remove dough and knead until smooth and firm, about 4- 5min. Cover, rest 30 min.
4. Bring large pot of salted water to the boil.
5. Using pasta machine, roll pasta into 12" (30cm) lengths,1/8 " (3mm) thick.
6. Fold into 4 and cut 1" (2.5cm) ribbons, be sure to separate and lightly dust with flour after cutting.Funghi Sauce
1. Place large sauté pan over med high heat.
2. Add 1 tbsp. (15ml) olive oil, salt and mushrooms, sauté 2 min, add chili flakes and garlic, sauté until garlic is golden.
3.Pour in white wine and remaining olive oil, simmer 2 min.