Passion Fruit Cheesecake
- prep time10 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 12
120 g butter
22 digestive biscuitsFilling
1 kg mascarpone
700 g cream cheese
300 mL 35% cream
60 g sugar
2 vanilla pods
7 gelatin leaves
1 stick lemongrassPassion Fruit Jelly
350 g passion fruit puree
100 g sugar
75 mL water
6 sheets gelatin
1. Blend diced butter and biscuits in a food processor. Press into the bottom of ring mould.Filling
1. Cream mascarpone and cream cheese.
2. Simmer together cream, sugar, vanilla and lemongrass.
3. Remove cream from heat, strain and mix in soaked gelatin. Combine with mascarpone and cream cheese mixture. Allow mixture to cool slightly.
4. Pour mascarpone over the top of diced butter and biscuit crumbs in mould. Place in fridge while you assemble the jelly.Passion Fruit Jelly
1. Soak gelatin in cold water for 30 seconds.
2. Combine all ingredients for the jelly in a pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Soak the gelatin in cold water for two minutes. Remove and combine with passion fruit. Let cool for another 10 minutes then pour over mascarpone mixture. Refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.