- serves 4
Indulge in this unique comfort food creation: ground chuck patties between two waffles, topped with chocolate, peanut butter and strawberry jam.
Courtesy of Wayne Hemmerling of Soda Jerks.
8 strips uncooked bacon
½ cup butter
2 lb(s) ground chuck
1 ½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
8 waffles, fresh or frozen
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup strawberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. To make the chocolate-dipped bacon, place bacon strips on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cook for 12 minutes, or until crispy.
3. Pat dry with a paper towel and cool to room temperature.
4. Fill a sauce pot half way with water and bring to a light boil.
5. Place chocolate chips in stainless steel bowl and set over sauce pot. Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
6. Melt butter in microwave or sauce pan and add it to the chocolate chips. Whisk the butter into the chocolate until it is completely melted and smooth.
7. Dip bacon in chocolate and transfer to a fresh parchment-lined baking sheet.
8. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until chocolate has hardened.
9. To make the burger patties, mix together ground chuck, salt, pepper, and an egg until fully combined.
10. Divide meat mixture into 4 even balls and press balls between two pieces of parchment paper to form ¼-inch thick patties.
11. Cook burgers in a heavy pan over medium-high heat for 4 minutes per side, or until meat is no longer pink.
12. While burgers cook, toast fresh or frozen waffles in a toaster.
13. Spread 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and 2 tablespoons of jam on each waffle.
14. Top each burger patty with 2 slices of chocolate bacon and sandwich between two waffles.