1 ½ cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 1 Tbsp
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
½ cup whipping cream
4 large peaches (or 6 small), cut in large dice
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a bundt tin and set aside.
2. In a stand mixer, or in a bowl with a hand mixer combine butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time and beat on high after each addition. Add vanilla extract. Beat batter on high for 4 minutes until very pale and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Add to egg mixture along with cream and mix on low speed just until combined.
5. Toss your chopped peaches in 1 Tbsp flour and gently fold into your batter. The flour helps stop the peaches from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
6. Pour the batter into prepared tin and bake in the centre of preheated oven for 1 hour or until golden brown and a skewer comes out of the cake clean.
7. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Don’t be tempted to remove the cake any sooner or risk having some stuck inside the tin. Eat with a big spoonful of chopped peaches, ice cream or fresh cream.