Peanut Butter and Bacon Cheesecake
- serves 8
Courtesy of Brett MacDonald of The Baker Street Station.
1 cup graham crumbs
1 cup sugar
½ cup dried bacon bits
1 cup peanuts, chopped
¼ cup butter, meltedFilling
1500 g cream cheese
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
¾ cup + 1 1/2 Tbsp 35% cream
2 egg yolks
1 whole egg
bacon bits (optional)
caramel sauce (optional)
1. To make the crust, stir together graham crumbs, sugar, bacon bits, and peanuts in a medium bowl; slowly stir in melted butter until dough can be formed into a ball.
2. Press crust down evenly into the springform pan.Filling
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. To make the cheesecake filling, blend together softened cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, cream, egg yolks, and the whole egg in a food processor until smooth and shiny, about 5 minutes.
3. With a spatula, spread filling evenly into the pie crust.
4. To make a water bath for the cheesecake, fill a casserole dish with ½ inch of water; set the springform pan into the casserole dish.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, or until cheesecake is lightly browned.
6. Cool cheesecake to room temperature; cover and refrigerate overnight to set.
7. Serve cheesecake cold with more bacon bits and warm caramel sauce.