Pear and Endive Salad with Honey Thyme Vinaigrette
- prep time15 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 2
Perfectly pairs with Beringer Founder’s Estate Chardonnay.
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp honey
1 sprig fresh thyme leaves, picked
¼ tsp cracked black pepper
¼ tsp saltSalad
1 whole pear
½ cup endive, sliced, 2 cm thick
1 cup frisee
¼ cup crushed, roasted hazelnut
¼ cup shaved Parmigiano
1. Combine all ingredients for the vinaigrette and mix well.Salad
1. With a melon baller scoop out the bottom of the pear and clean out the core. Thinly shave the pear horizontally on a mandolin.
2. Curl stacks of pears like flowers and place them on a large plate.
3. Garnish with frisée, endive, and dress with vinaigrette.
4. Finish with shaved pear and crushed hazelnuts.
Courtesy of Chef Dustin Gallagher