1 lb(s) raw store bought pizza dough (500g)
1 Tbsp olive oil (15 ml) + 1 tablespoon (15 ml
Flour for dusting
1 Tbsp fresh dill, roughly chopped (15 ml)
Cracked pepper to taste
3 ripe pears, peeled, cored and sliced into 1/8" slices
4 oz Gorgonzola cheese
2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts (30ml)
1. Preheat a pizza stone in a 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) oven.
2. Divide pizza dough into 6 equal portions. Start to form the dough into 6 equal-sized balls.
3. Work each ball of dough by pulling down the sides and tucking the sides under the bottom of the ball. Then, using a smooth surface, roll the ball under the palm of your hand until the ball is smooth and firm, about 1 minute.
4. Place the balls on a lightly oiled baking tray. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and allow them to rest at room temperature for 12-15 minutes. (If you are preparing the dough in advance, this is the point of the preparation that the balls can be loosely covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated for 1-2 days).
5. To prepare each pizza, place a ball of dough on a lightly floured surface. Press down on the center of the ball and flatten slightly. Lightly dust a rolling pin with flour and roll each ball of dough into 4" circles. Allow the outer 1/4" border to be slightly thicker than the center.
6. Brush the dough lightly with oil and sprinkle evenly with dill and pepper. Arrange the pear slices on the dough so they slightly overlap. Crumble gorgonzola overtop and sprinkle equally with pine nuts. Repeat with remaining pizzas.
7. Using a pizza paddle (lightly dusted with flour) carefully lift the pizzas onto the preheated pizza stone.
8. Bake pizzas for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Transfer pizzas to a firm surface and cut into slices with a pizza cutter.
10. Serve immediately.