- serves 12
3 cup all purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¾ cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
¾ cup +1 tbsp milk
¼ cup honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup pecans, lightly toasted and choppedCinnamon Cream
½ cup whipping cream
2 Tbsp sour cream
2 Tbsp sugar
½ tsp cinnamonTo Assemble
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, or in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Cut butter into dry ingredients until it resembles coarse meal.
3. Stir together 3/4 cup milk, honey and vanilla and add to dough. Mix just until dough comes together and add pecans.
4. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough twice to a 1-inch thickness, each time folding in half (this is the secret to a flaky scone).
5. Now roll dough to 3/4 -inch thickness and cut desired shapes. Place on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with remaining milk. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until tops are nicely browned.Cinnamon Cream
1. Whip cream to soft peaks and whisk in sour cream, sugar and cinnamon.To Assemble
1. Serve warm or at room temperature with cinnamon cream.