Pesto Sauce with Cherry Tomatoes, Yellow & Green Beans
- serves 8
1 ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
½ cup packed fresh parsley
¼ cup pine nuts
¼ cup toasted walnuts
1 tsp lemon zest
1 clove of garlic, chopped
½ cup grated Parmesan
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepperVegetable Skewers
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes (250ml)
8 oz yellow wax beans (250g)
8 oz green beans (250g)
wooden skewers or toothpicks
1. Pulse basil, parsley, pine nuts, walnuts, lemon zest and garlic in a food processor until combined.
2. Add oil in a slow stream and pulse until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
3. Stir in cheese and season with salt and pepper.
Makes:1 ¼ cups(300 mL)Vegetable Skewers
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil; add beans and blanch until crisp tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and refresh in an ice water bath. Drain again.
2. Thread two tomatoes on each short skewer or toothpick. Place in a serving vessel with beans.