Petit Four Candies
- serves 84
It's always nice to serve a variety of candies.
2 large egg whites
½ cup sugar
dash fine salt
½ tsp vanilla
¼ tsp almond extract
1 cup corn flakes
½ cup chopped dates
½ cup slivered almonds
Icing sugar for coatingPeanut Crispy Squares
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
½ cup golden corn syrup
1 cup chopped peanuts
4 cup crisped rice cereal
1 ½ cup chocolate chipsChocolate Banana Slices
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
5 Tbsp honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup oats
¼ cup dried banana chips, lightly crushed
¼ cup raisins
1 Tbsp coconut
1 cup salted pretzels, lightly crushed
1 ½ cup banana crunch cereal (or honey crunch cereal)
1 ½ cup white chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp vegetable shortening
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Whip egg white with electric beaters until foamy, then slowly add sugar and whip until white holds a stiff peak. Fold in salt, vanilla and almond extracts, and then fold in corn flakes, dates and almonds. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared tray and bake for 30 minutes. Once cooled, roll in icing sugar and store in an airtight container. Yield: makes about 18 almond crunchies.Peanut Crispy Squares
1. Grease a 13-x-9-inch pan and set aside.
2. Stir peanut butter, brown sugar and corn syrup over medium heat in a saucepot until smooth and just begins to bubble. Stir in peanuts and cereal and press into prepared pan (dip your spatula or hand in cool water for easier spreading). Allow to cool.
3. Melt chocolate chips and spread over squares. Allow to set completely before cutting. Cut into 48 squares. Yield: 48 squares.Chocolate Banana Slices
1. Grease an 8 inch or 9 inch square pan, line with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Melt butter, honey and vanilla together until it just begins to bubble. Stir in oats, banana chips, raisins and coconut to coat and soften for 1 minute. Stir in pretzels and cereal to coat and remove from heat. Alternatively, pulse ingredients to combine and lightly crush in food processor.
3. With lightly greased hands, press evenly into prepared pan. Let cool. Cut into 9 squares. Cut each square in half to make 2 triangles.
4. Stir white chocolate chips with vegetable shortening in a bowl over a pot of gently simmering water until melted. Dip the candies partway in chocolate, gently shake off excess and place on baking tray to set. Drizzle tops of candies with remaining chocolate. Store in an airtight container. Yield: makes 18.