1 ¼ cup (300 mL) all-purpose flour
¼ cup (60 mL) dried shredded coconut, unsweetened
½ cup (125 mL) sugar
½ tsp (2 mL) baking powder
½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
½ cup (125 mL) coconut milk
¾ cup (175 mL) crushed pineapple, canned and well drained (reserve juice)
½ cup (125 mL) pineapple juice, from drained pineapple
¼ cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
½ tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
1 cup (250 mL) confectioners' sugar
1 Tbsp (30 mL) butter, softened
3 Tbsp (45 mL) coconut milk
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, shredded coconut, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut milk, pineapple juice, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
5. Lastly, gently stir in crushed pineapple until just incorporated.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, divide batter into lined pan.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
1. Whisk confectioners' sugar, butter, coconut milk and vanilla extract together until combined. About 30 seconds.
2. When cupcakes are completely cooled, frost with 2 teaspoons (10 mL) of icing each.