Pine Nut Bread Salad
- prep time5 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 4
A delicious salad from Roger Mooking bursting with tomatoes, ciabatta, and pine nuts.
1 ½ cup 1 ½ cups ciabatta bread, crusts removed, cut ½ inch thick slices
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 sprig thyme
1 sprig rosemary
1 pint cherry tomatoes
½ cup pine nuts, toasted
¼ cup red onions, julienned
1 Tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp basil leaves, torn with hands
2 Tbsp parsley torn with hands
2 Tbsp chives, cut into 1 inch pieces
salt and pepper
1. Preheat grill.
2. Brush bread slices with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill bread on both sides until golden and crisp, remove from heat, cut into 1 inch cubes and place in a large bowl.
3. Heat remaining oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once oil is hot add sprigs of thyme and rosemary, allow herbs to infuse oil.
4. Place tomatoes in pan, toss until skins split and become slightly charred, then place in bowl with bread.
5. Add toasted pine nuts, red onions, balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
6. Garnish with basil, parsley and chives, toss together gently and serve.