Pineapple Carpaccio with Coriander
- serves 4
1 pineapple, ripe
2 cup simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water boiled together)
1 vanilla bean
1 lime, juice and zest
ginger, freshly grated to tasteCoriander Sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, choppedLime Sherbet
⅓ cup water
⅓ cup milk
½ cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp corn syrup
⅓ cup lime juice
1. Peel and core pineapple and slice thinly with a mandolin.
2. Mix simple syrup, vanilla bean, lime juice and zest, and fresh ginger. Set aside.Coriander Sugar
1. Grind sugar and coriander leaves in a food processor.Lime Sherbet
1. In a large saucepan, combine water, milk, sugar and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until chilled.
2. Stir in lime juice.
3. Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions.
4. To serve: Place 3-4 thinly sliced pineapples onto a serving plate, sprinkle with coriander sugar, drizzle with the syrup. Serve with lime sherbet.