Pistachio Pesto with Angel Hair Pasta
- prep time15 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 4
A delicious spin on a classic pasta dish from Roger Mooking.
¾ cup unsalted pistachios, toasted and crushed in a mortar and pestle
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 clove garlic
8 cup basil leaves, washed and dried
1 cup olive oil
salt and pepperAngel Hair Pasta
1 pkg of angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions
¼ cup pasta water, extra if needed
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved into ribbons with vegetable peeler
¼ cup basil leaves
salt and pepper
1. In batches, place ingredients in blender and puree until smooth.
2. Remove Pistachio Pesto from blender place in a container. Cover top with 1 tablespoon of olive oil until making Pistachio Pesto with Angel Hair Pasta.Angel Hair Pasta
1. Heat a large sauté pan. Place reserved pasta water, olive oil and Pistachio Pesto in pan, toss to incorporate.
2. Add cooked angel hair pasta to pan, gently fold into Pistachio Pesto mixture, season with salt and pepper, divide among serving plates.
3. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, basil leaves and black pepper.