Potato & Bacon Breakfast Antojito
- prep time15 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 2 - 3
This dish is served with seasoned hash brown potatoes, bacon, scrambled eggs, tomatoes and cheese.
Courtesy of Cavendish Farms.
¾ cup Cavendish Farms® Hash Brown Potatoes
½ cup bacon, prepared and chopped
2 (1 cup) eggs, cooked and scrambled
½ cup plum tomatoes, small dice
¾ cup Cheddar, grated
2 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
2 12-inch flour tortillas, prepared (or any flavoured tortilla)
1 tsp butter
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread Cavendish Farms® Hash Brown Potatoes in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet. Place in the oven and cook for 7 minutes.
2. Turn-over and cook for another 7 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and then set aside.
4. Lay flour tortillas down and sprinkle half of the cheese evenly over each shell.
5. Divide potatoes, bacon, scrambled eggs and tomato in half and also spread the ingredients evenly over each of the tortillas.
6. From the bottom, begin to roll the tortilla closed using moderate force so that there is a tight roll. Repeat for the second tortilla.
7. Baste each roll lightly with butter and place on a non-stick baking sheet.
8. Place in the oven set for 375⁰F and bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Remove from oven and place each antojito roll on the cutting board.
10. Cut off each end (½-inch to 1-inch) and discard.
11. Using a serrated knife, cut each antojito roll into 6 equal pieces.
12. Place on a plate and serve.