Potato Gaufrettes Stacked with Seafood and Black Olive Seviche
- prep time1 min
- total time 10 min
- serves 12
Gorgeous potato wafers topped with scallops, shrimp and caviar.
2 bottle medium potato, peeled, and, soaked in cold water
1 lb(s) raw seafood meat, shrimp, peeled
6 medium to large clam, in shell, well cleaned
2 large shallot, finely, chopped
2 bottle cloves garlic, minced
1 small chili, finely, chopped
⅓ cup lime juice
2 fresh plum tomato, peeled, and, diced, with juice
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 small good quality sardine, canned, and, packed in oil, preferably Millionaire
¼ cup Nicoise olives, pitted
1 pinch sugarGarnish
3 green onion, finely, sliced
1 hard boiled egg, finely, chopped, optional
1 oz black caviar, preferably Sevruga
1. Slice potatoes with the waffle cutter attachment of mandolin.
2. To achieve waffle pattern, turn potato on a 45-degree angle and make first slice
3. Turn potato 90 degrees and slice again.
4. Keep rotating back and forth 90 degrees at a time.
5. Soak potato slices in cold water.
6. Fry in oil at 350 degrees F. for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and crisp.
7. Drain on paper towels and keep at room temperature until ready to serveGarnish
1. Preheat grill to medium high. Grill seafood as follows:
2. Shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes until just pink and not cooked through.
3. Scallops for 1 to 2 minutes until just opaque and golden.
4. Clams in shells, until clams just open, save as much clam liqueur from shell as possible.
5. Transfer seafood to a cutting board. Drain clam juice into a medium bowl.
6. Chop seafood into small dice
7. Combine with clam juice. In a separate bowl combine remaining ingredients, except garnish.
8. Pour over seafood, toss well and refrigerate at least 2 hours or as much as overnight
9. The Seviche will cure/cook the seafood.
10. Drain liquid from seafood. Assemble by stacking one potato gaufrette, a spoonful of seafood seviche then a spoonful of sour cream.
11. Repeat. Top with chopped egg and caviar.