Power Play Crab Cakes with Peach Salsa
- serves 0
Grilled crab cakes topped with a sweet peach salsa.
1 cup fresh but firm bread crumbs such as Japanese Panko
¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
½ cup finely chopped green onion
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp Worcestershire
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp roughly chopped fresh dill
1 large sized egg lightly beaten
1 ½ lb(s) crabmeat picked over for shellsCoating
1 cup bread crumbs
3 Tbsp unsalted melted butter
1 cup store made good quality peach salsa or chutney
1. To make cakes place Dijon, dill, Worcestershire, mayonnaise, onion, red peppers and Cajun seasoning in a medium bowl and mix well. Add the crabmeat, egg and panko bread crumbs and mix well. Refrigerate this mixture for 20 minutes to firm up.
2. Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions and form the cakes into 2-inch rounds.Coating
1. Mix the melted butter with the Panko in a shallow dish. Dip each cake in the crumb mixture to evenly coat.
2. Preheat barbeque for medium heat (350ºF/176ºC). To help prevent the cakes from sticking to the grill, rub or spray the grill grates with oil.
3. Place the cakes over direct heat and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until the crumbs are nice and toasty and nice golden grill marks are achieved.
4. Remove from grill and serve with a spoonful of peach salsa.