Prime Rib Roast with Fries and Broccoli
- serves 4
Prime Rib Roast (3 lbs) (1.350 kg)
1 tsp Mrs. Dash Herb and Garlic (5 mL)
Garlic powder (optional)
Fresh ground pepper
1 pkg McCain 5 minute fries (which in my opinion take 10 minutes) (500 mL)
Seasoning salt (optional)
2 heads broccoli
Splash of water
3 Tbsp Bisto mixed with 3 tbsp water added to drippings (optional) (45 mL)
1. Preheat oven to 450 F (235 C).
2. Sprinkle roast with spices.
3. Cook for 15 minutes (DO NOT OPEN OVEN).
4. Reduce heat to 180 F (85 C).
5. Cook for 8 hours (you can skip the 450 searing unless you love a seared flavour, like I do).
6. When you get home...
Remove roast and let rest under foil.
7. Reset oven to 450 F (235 C).
8. Place fries on cookie sheet and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
9. Cook for 5 minutes. Flip and reset timer for 5 minutes.
Put broccoli and a splash of water (for steam) in a microwave safe dish with lid.
11. Reset oven temp to 350 F (175 C) and return to oven, uncovered (drain juice into pan for gravy) Set timer for 20 minutes.
12. Whisk roast juice and flour together to make gravy. Add spices to taste.