½ sugar pumpkin, (3/4 pound), peeled, seeds removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
4 oz proscuitto, di Parma, thin, slices
¼ cup olive oil
4 slices country-style bread, (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
1 tsp finely chopped sage
coarse salt, and freshly cracked black pepper
1 tsp honey mustard
1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
½ clove garlic, minced
6 cup arugula, washed, spun dry
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Toss the pumpkin with the honey and melted butter.
3. Spread pumpkin on a baking sheet and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until tender and caramelized.
4. Let cool
5. Meanwhile, grill the prosciutto slices in a grill pan on medium for 2 minutes per side.
6. Break into 2-inch pieces.
7. Set aside.
8. Heat 2 tbsp. of the olive oil in a small sauté pan on medium heat.
9. Add the bread cubes and toss in pan until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes.
10. Sprinkle the croutons with the sage, salt and pepper.
11. Remove them to a plate and set aside.
12. In a small bowl, whisk the mustard and sherry vinegar with the garlic until combined.
13. Slowly add the remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil while continuing to whisk.
14. Season with salt and pepper.
15. Toss the arugula with the dressing and pile it onto plates.
16. Top with the pumpkin, the prosciutto and the croutons.
17. Serve immediately.