Pyrogies and Caesar Salad
- serves 4
2 ½ cup flour
½ tsp salt
¾ cup lukewarm water
2 Tbsp oil
1 Plastic bag
Leftover mashed potatoes
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
Fresh black pepper
1 Freezer bags
1 tsp butter
1 tsp olive oil
1-2 Tbsp real bacon bits
1 (225 g) Caesar salad kit
2. If your potatoes have been chilled, bring them back to room temperature. (Theyre easier to work with.)
3. Finely grate cheese. Cut dough into 8 equal parts. Keep the dough you are not working with in the bag. Roll out one of the pieces of dough into a long narrow strip, with a rolling pin, onto a floured surface. You want the strip to be approx 3-4" wide and about 12 in length.
4. Spoon 6 dollops of potato onto the strip. Each dollop should be approx 1 Tbsp and they should be about 1 inch apart on the strip of dough. Grate fresh pepper over each mound.
5. When you are ready to prepare dinner...
6. Fill a large wide pot with water and bring to a boil.
7. Drop the pyrogies into the boiling water and reduce heat to med. Set timer for 4 minutes.
8. Drain pyrogies in a colander. Melt butter and oil in the same un-cleaned pan.
9. Slice onion into slivers dropping into pan as you cut. Sauté onion until translucent.
10. Put pyrogies back into the pan with the onions and sprinkle with real bacon bits.
11. Prepare Caesar salad.