Quebec Duck Poutine
Courtesy of Edible Canada Bistro.
2 large Kennebec potatoes
100 g cheese curds
250 mL Duck Gravy (see below)
50 g green onions, choppedStock and Duck Gravy
1 kg duck bones
1 large onion
2 stalks celery
2 cloves garlic
10 whole peppercorns
1. Blanch potatoes at 350ºF degrees for 25 minutes.
2. Cut potatoes into fries and crisp for 2.5 minutes.
3. In a pan, fry eggs sunny side up.
4. Build your dish, beginning with fries, then curds and Duck Gravy. Top with fried eggs and scallions.Stock and Duck Gravy
1. Roast duck bones for 30 minutes in the oven.
2. Make broth with vegetables and bones for 4 hours. Reduce broth by half, strain and thicken with 1/2 cup cornstarch slurry.