Quebecoise Sausage and Cheese Pizza
- serves 0
½ clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1 1 balls ball of pizza dough (see recipe)
3-½ oz (100 g) Toulouse sausage meat (1 sausage)
¼ cup hard cheese, grated (Fin, Renard, etc.)
¼ cup brie cheese, diced (Belle crème, Blanc Bec, etc.)
salt and pepper
¾ cup baby arugula (roquette)
2 Tbsp oilve oil
1. With the rack in the lowest position, place a pizza baking stone or an inverted cooking plate on the oven rack. Preheat the oven to 500 °F (260 °C). Wait until the stone is well heated.
2. In a bowl, combine the garlic and oil. Set aside.
3. Sprinkle a little corn meal on the hot stone and pizza board.
4. Flatten a ball of dough to obtain a 10 in. (25 cm) diameter crust. Lay the dough on the pizza board. Cover the surface with the mixture of oil and garlic. Garnish with sausages and cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper Slide the pizza onto the hot stone and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
5. In a bowl, combine the arugula (roquette) and the oil. Garnish the pizza with this mixture when the pizza is removed from the oven.