Quesadillas with Raw Veggies and Dip
- serves 4
This recipe is part of a specially designed weekly meal plan. For a grocery list and other great recipes you can make in this meal plan, please click to the episode title above.
1 tsp canola oil
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (450g)
3 green onions
12 sliced green or black olives
2 Roma tomatoes
½ cup salsa per quesadilla
250 mL Sour cream
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
6 large soft tortillasRaw Veggies And Dip
450 g Package of cut up raw veggies
½ Ranch dip
1. Heat oil in large, nonstick frying pan at medium-high. Cut chicken into small bite size pieces and add to pan. Simmer until meat is no longer pink.
2. Chop onions, olives, tomatoes, and peppers.
3. Heat one side of a tortilla at medium-high on a different hot skillet so that it puffs up a little (15 to 30 seconds)
4. Remove tortilla to a large plate. Turn heat off. Lay a second tortilla on the hot pan and start layering with your choice of ingredients. Top with the second tortilla.
5. Set burner at medium and using a lid press down so heat can melt cheese. (if you have a large flipper or a flat lid, you can flip quesadilla over to reheat other side.)
6. The cheese should be slightly melted.
7. Remove to a cutting surface, cut into 6 pieces, like a pie and serve.Raw Veggies And Dip