Rack of Lamb
1. French lamb racks and clean protruding bones of any tissue, set aside.
2. Combine remaining ingredients to make a rub, adding vegetable oil as needed to moisten.
3. Rub over meaty side of ribs and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
4. Bake at 450F for 15 minutes, or until just crispy brown.
5. Reduce to 325F and bake for another 30-60 minutes until internal temperature of the meatiest part reaches 145F.
6. Remove from oven and cover with foil for 10-15 minutes.
7. Cut into sections of three and serve on a squash puree (roasted with brown sugar and maple syrup).
Ravioli stuffed with Lamb
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. In a Dutch oven over hi heat, brown the lamb on all sides, set aside.
3. Lower heat to med and sauté onion, celery and carrot for a few minutes until soft.
4. Add garlic for a minute (do not let it brown).
5. Add lamb back in, and add stout to cover.
6. Add thyme, raisins, cinnamon, bay leaf and clove.
7. Put in oven until falling off the bone (1.5 - 2 hours).
8. Remove shanks and shred meat, discarding bone and other bits.
9. In a bowl, add shredded lamb and enough of the braising liquid, raisins and vegetables to make a nice mixture for stuffing ravioli.
10. Roll out pasta according to home-made ravioli directions, add a tsp or two to pasta and cover with another sheet to make ravioli.
11. Let dry for 10 minutes before refrigerating or freezing.
12. Boil for 10-15 minutes in salted water depending on pasta thickness.
13. Serve with a reduced sauce made with left-over braising liquid, red wine and beef stock.