Ranch-Style Turkey Chili
- prep time10 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 4
This southwest-style chili is made with ground turkey, beans, fresh herbs and served with crispy corn muffins and your choice of toppers.
4 poblano peppers
2 corn muffins, store-bought
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 lb(s) ground turkey
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp cumin, a couple of palmfuls
1 Tbsp coriander, a palmful
1 (14-oz) can pinto or white beans
2 cups chicken stock
¼ cup chives, finely chopped
¼ cup dill, finely chopped
¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
1 cup sour creamOptional Toppers
Shredded sharp Cheddar
Minced red onion
4 - 5 slices crispy bacon, chopped
1. Char the peppers over a gas flame on high heat or under the broiler with the oven door cracked for steam to escape, turning with tongs. Place the charred peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to steam. Let them cool, then peel, seed and finely chop.
2. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
3. Crumble the corn muffins, arrange on a cookie sheet and toast until crispy and extra golden, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
4. Heat the EVOO in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown and crumble the meat. Add the garlic and onions to the pot and cook to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the cumin and coriander, then stir in the chopped peppers. Add the beans, stock and herbs and simmer 5 minutes. Season with hot sauce.
5. Turn off the heat and stir in the sour cream to combine.Optional Toppers
1. Serve topped with the crispy corn muffin crumbles and any of the other toppings you like.