Raspberry Cream Cupcakes
- prep time30 min
- total time 45 min
- serves 18
These raspberry cream cupcakes are light, fluffy and outright delicious.
1 (18.25 oz) box white cake mix, (recommended: Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
1 ⅓ cups water
3 egg whites
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 tsp almond extract
2 tsp vanilla extract
6 oz fresh raspberries, cut in half
1 cup heavy whipping cream
⅓ cup powdered sugar, plus additional for dusting
1. Line 18 muffin cups with muffin papers. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the cake mix, water, egg whites, melted butter, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a large bowl for 2 minutes, or until the batter is well blended. Using about 1/3 cup of batter for each cupcake, spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake the cupcakes until they are very pale golden on top, about 15 minutes. Cool the cupcakes completely on a cooling rack.
4. Using a fork, coarsely mash 1 1/2 containers of raspberries in a medium bowl. Beat the cream and 1/3 cup of powdered sugar in a large bowl until firm peaks form. Fold the mashed raspberries into the whipped cream.
5. Remove the muffin papers from the cupcakes and cut the tops off of each cupcake. Spoon the raspberry whipped cream atop the cupcake bottoms. Place the cupcake tops on the cupcakes. Dust with more powdered sugar and serve with the remaining berries.