- serves 4
Equipment needed: Blender or food processor, grill and grater.
Courtesy of Philip DeWar of Soulyve
6 scallions, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 Scotch Bonnet peppers, minced
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup sugarcane vinegar
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
½ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground pimento (allspice)
1 cup chicken stock
1 ½ lb(s) skinless, boneless chicken breast halvesWrap Assembly
Romaine lettuce, shredded
red onion, sliced
pineapple and mango salsa
cheddar cheese, grated
1. In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients (except the chicken breasts) to create marinade and blend for about 30 seconds. Ensure all ingredients are well incorporated.
2. Place the chicken in a medium bowl, and coat with the marinade. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, or overnight.
3. Preheat grill and lightly oil grate. Cook chicken on the prepared grill 6 to 8 minutes, until juices run clear.
4. Place grilled chicken into pan with hot chicken stock; place pan into oven to bake chicken for an additional 6 minutes.
5. Allow meat to rest for 5 minutes.Wrap Assembly
1. Char the Paratha Roti on an open grill grate, allowing both sides to toast lightly. Remove from heat.
2. Add the following ingredients in sequence: Cajun mayonnaise, shredded romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, pineapple and mango salsa, grated cheddar cheese.
3. Lay jerk chicken on top and wrap up carefully folding and tucking the bottom flap in.